The next PTR build includes some changes to Shadow Priest with the following goals:
Make Voidform Matter More
- Make Voidform matter more, make staying in Forma do Caos longer matter more, and give the player more agency over extending its duration
- Improve Shadow's defensive power and utility
Moving into Battle for Azeroth, we consciously reduced the maximum power of Voidforms, for the purpose of evening out Shadow's heavily backloaded Forma do Caos
cycle damage. This had some positive impacts, which many of you are aware of – mainly this greatly reduced the harsh penalty for dropping out of Forma do Caos
early – a common occurrence in any content outside of raids, including dungeons or questing. That said, we think we went a little too far with peeling power off of Forma do Caos
, which has resulted in Forma do Caos
not feeling impactful enough, and with not enough reason to work to extend it. We are easing this change back a bit:
- Forma do Caos increases spell damage by 20% (up from 10%)
- Insanity drain increase per second in Forma do Caos reduced by 15%
- Void Bolt Insanity generation increased by 25%
's damage reduction has been increased to 75% (up from 60%). We agree that because it comes with the penalty of not being able to cast spells, it deserves to be stronger. Additionally, it now increases movement speed by 50%.
A new talent Intangibility
(which was similar to and far less popular than Corpo e Alma
), and reduces Dispersão
's cooldown by 25% and causes it to heal you for 50% of your maximum health over its duration.Shadowform's Physical Damage ReductionForma de Sombra
's 10% physical damage reduction was intended to feel like a bonus to Forma de Sombra
, but instead felt like a penalty to Forma do Caos
, since you lose that defensive benefit going into Forma do Caos
We're replacing this bonus from Forma de Sombra
with the Vontade Férrea
passive (which the other two Sacerdote
specs already have), causing melee abilities and attacks to reduce all damage taken by 15% for 8 sec.AlucinaçõesAlucinações
(the PvP talent) is becoming a baseline passive, and allows your successful Dissipar Magia
, Dissipação em Massa
, Purificar Doença
, Abraço Vampírico
, and Palavra de Poder: Escudo
casts to generate 6 Insanity (same amount per cast as your filler, Açoite Mental
This give you more freedom to use your on-global cooldown utility buttons, especially in Forma do Caos
, without incurring as much damage loss, since Insanity is constantly draining.Other talent adjustments worth mentioning:
- Bomba Psíquica and Grito Psíquico now take 40% longer to break from damage.
- Torrente do Caos generates 30 Insanity over its duration and deals 20% increased damage. Additionally, no longer requires Voidform to cast, so you can choose to use it on a priority damage target at any time.
- Insanidade Persistente fades every 3 sec instead of every 2 sec.
- Submissão à Loucura cooldown reduced by 33% and penalty duration reduced by 50%.