WoW Classic Season of Mastery is Now Live!
What’s different in WoW Classic Season of Mastery?
As with the first release of WoW Classic, we’re planning six content release phases. In WoW Classic Season of Mastery, however, phase unlocks will happen faster. We’re planning for a 12-month cadence, with phases unlocking roughly every couple months. Here’s the current outline for the six phases:
Phase 1 (WoW Classic Season of Mastery Launch)
- Molten Core
- PvP Honor System and Battlegrounds (up from Phases 3 and 4)
- Dire Maul
- Blackwing Lair
- Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon deck drops begin
- Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
- Ahn’Qiraj raids open as the war effort dictates
- Scourge Invasion
For more details on Season of Mastery updates, read the patch notes.
You are now able to create additional characters up to a maximum of 50 characters in each of our three games:
- Up to 50 characters total in World of Warcraft Classic (includes Season of Mastery)
- Up to 50 characters in Burning Crusade Classic
- Up to 50 characters in World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
Characters that were created for the WoW Classic Season of Mastery Open Beta will not be available to use in WoW Classic Season of Mastery.
To create a character and play WoW Classic Season of Mastery, you will need to download and install the client first.
- Open the Battle.net desktop app and select World of Warcraft in the game selection menu.
- Select World of Warcraft Classic. If you have more than one World of Warcraft account, you’ll see a second dropdown for Account. In that column, select the active account you want to play on.
- Click the Install button. You’ll see an installation progress bar that will show you when the installation is available to play.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Play button.
You’ll need to select the Season of Mastery realm you want to play on which will be identified in the Realm list. Then select Create New Character. You’ll be able to choose your faction, class, and race, as well as fully customize your new character and name them.
Before you put your plans too firmly in place, we encourage you to gather your allies together to select your new home realm. If you’re looking to reconnect with your old friends and guildmates, be sure to check out our Classic Connections forum.
Once you’ve created your new character, all that will be left is to synchronize your chronometer with your friends and allies and prepare for your world (of Warcraft) domination. We’ll see you in Azeroth!